I have practiced as an Assistant Planner since November 2012 when I was first posted to the Bolgatanga Municipal Assembly to assist the Municipal Planning Officer in the planning unit. My tasks and responsibilities then were to:
- Investigate emerging development opportunities and make recommendations for their conclusions in future development planning and economic policy formulation
- Ensures compliance with official guidelines in implementation of development programmes
- Coordinates the works of contractors and writes monthly, quarterly and annual reports and
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
I was then transferred at the beginning of the year 2014 to the Regional Coordinating Council, to work in the Regional Economic Planning Unit under the Regional Economic Planning officer. As an assistant development planning officer in the Economic Planning unit in the Region, I was still inclined to the tasks assigned to me as outlined above but with additional responsibilities since the Regional office supersede the affairs of all the districts that are operating within the region. Below were my additional tasks and responsibilities;
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of Economic development policies and projects
- Assists in the preparation of periodic progress reports on developmental projects in the region
- Take part in joint inspection of projects with all consultants E.g. Architecture and Engineering Services Limited (AESL), Ghana Highway Authority (GHA), Department of Feeder Roads (DFR) amongst others and prepares progress reports
- Compiles and keeps records of statistical and planning data
Member- Regional Monitoring Team: as a member of the regional monitoring team, we go on quarterly visits to all the Municipal and District Assemblies under the region to making sure they are performing their mandatory tasks as an Assembly and prepare monitoring reports based on our findings.
I worked at the regional coordinating council for about a period of three and a half years until my promotion to the rank of a development planning officer in 2007; and my subsequent posting to the Talensi District Assembly as the District Planning Officer in August 2018
To guide and advice the District Assembly on the planning process by promoting the impact of economic policies on projects cycle management and sustainable development.